It took me about a week to complete all of these tasks, in two-hour sessions each day. My computer was not equipped for these tasks. If I had known that the task would require downloading lots of software to my computer and ultimately having to use public computers to complete the task, I would have made certain to use the computers at SLAIS.
Several of the tasks themselves were extremely frustrating. I completed the Word Processing, Spreadsheet, and Presentation tasks without much difficulty, but once I moved on to the Database task it quickly became extremely difficult. I ended up downloading a multitude of software programs that I had no idea how to use and no training with in my attempt to complete this task, and in the end I had to go to a public library in order to use MS Access. Once I had access to Access, it took another few attempts to re-learn how to use it, since I did not remember much from the Tech in the Core workshop. While the Tech in the Core workshops were educational, helpful, and a very good place to start, I do not think they equipped me with the skills to confidently complete this task.
I found the linking task to extrodinarily complicated and not at all intuitive. My links were broken for several days before I could figure out what was wrong with them, and I still do not know what went wrong in the first place. Ultimately, I think that if Information Technology Literacy is important to SLAIS, it needs more support. The Tech in the Core workshops could potentially be expanded to an entire class, which technologically literate students could test out of at the beginning of the program. While I found the initial tasks simple and easy, I believe I have much to learn about the capabilities of Word Processing and formatting, and even more to learn in Excel.